Citizen Corps provides opportunities for people across the country to participate in a range of measures to make their families, their homes, and their communities safer from the threats of crime, terrorism, public health issues, and disasters of all kinds. Through public education, training opportunities, and volunteer programs, every American can do their part to be better prepared and better protected and to help their communities do the same.
Citizen Corps is managed at the local level by Citizen Corps Councils, which bring together leaders from law enforcement, fire, emergency medical and other emergency management, volunteer organizations, local elected officials, the private sector, and other community stakeholders. The Orange County California Citizen Corps Council organizes public education on disaster mitigation and preparedness, citizen training, and volunteer programs to give people of all ages and backgrounds the opportunity to support their community’s emergency services and to safeguard themselves and their property.
There are five Citizen Corps Partner Programs that need volunteers: Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT), Fire Corps, Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS), Medical Reserve Corps and USAonWatch – Neighborhood Watch.
- Sign up to volunteer with the Orange County California Citizen Corps Council program by clicking here.
- Search for your local C.E.R.T. (Community Emergency Response Team) by zip code.
- Volunteer for the Fire Corps to support fire and EMS services in our community here.
- Sign up to serve with Volunteers in Police Service (VIPS) here.
- USAonWatch (Neighborhood Watch) keeps everyone safe. Volunteer here.
- Got medical experience? Volunteer for the Orange County Medical Reserve Corps here
Senior Emergency Management Program Coordinator
Orange County Sheriff's Department
2644 Santiago Canyon Road
Silverado, CA 92676