Every year thousands of people get the flu, but sometimes flu spreads quickly.
An influenza pandemic is a global outbreak of disease that occurs when a new influenza A virus emerges in the human population, causes serious illness and then spreads easily from person to person worldwide.
You can prepare for an influenza pandemic by knowing what can happen during a pandemic outbreak and what you can do to help lessen the impact on you and your family.
- Find out about flu signs and symptoms, how to prevent flu and when to get a flu shot at the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
- Get the latest on H1N1 Influenza:
- U.S. Health Department’s pandemic flu site
- OC Health Care Agency H1N1 Influenza – Latest Local News
- HealthDisasterOC – Influenza Preparedness
- Download an Avian Flu presentation from the Orange County Department of Education.